If you are currently working in the Big 4 or in the process of working your way up in the corporate sector; this is a great Controller opportunity. This dynamic company is located in Tampa and is experiencing tremendous growth. This position will work directly with the CEO. The Controller will be responsible for full cycle accounting, reporting, analysis, budgets and implementing policies and procedures along the way. This position interfaces with all the departments within the company. This is a hands-on role, with the ability to strategically build processes and systems as the company grows.
• Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
• Performs key accounting-related tasks using QuickBooks, including A/P and A/R management, vendor check processing, client invoicing, bank reconciliation, etc.
• Works with CEO to perform quarterly and monthly revenue recognition analyses according to GAAP standards.
• Contributes to the establishment of major economic objectives, financial policies, and best practices for the company.
• Prepares financial reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
• Assists the CEO with monthly financial reporting, “real-time” forecast updates, long-term forecasting and “what if” financial scenarios and analyses.
• Works with the company’s Business Development and Account Management functions to ensure that client invoices are sent out in a timely way and tracked properly by client account.
• Manages all outstanding company receivables and actively follows up to ensure that payments are received from customers as specified.
• Performs bank reconciliations at the end of each month and financial statement reconciliations at the end of each quarter.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
• CPA is a plus
• 5 years Public Accounting or 7-10 years Corporate Accounting
• Must have strong working knowledge of cost accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reporting & cash flow forecasting.
• Strong GAAP knowledge.
• Working Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks preferred
Please send resumes to RC@RelloSearch.com